Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Updates!/New Title :)

It has been a WHIRLWIND past few months. Between my Pilates and artistic studies, academics and work, it's been difficult to maintain a consistent sense of balance and calm (as is evident by my sporadic posting ;)) HOWEVER, I am excited to announce that I have passed my certification exam and am now officially a Classical Pilates Mat Instructor!

After taking four tests, (Three practical beginner, intermediate and advanced mat classes and one written exam in anatomy and physiology) I am now able to practice and teach varying levels of mat with more confidence and know-how than ever. For my final test, I tried to be as connected as possible to my own body and the bodies of clients taking the class, as well as choose my words more carefully, as part of my never ending quest for precision! (six principles apply here, right?). Because of such concentration, I received my personal best score on any practical test I've taken so far.

Moving forward, I will continue to teach mat in my daily regime, with a greater focus now on learning and practicing the Apparatus. I still have a long way to go before I can test on the equipment and daresy maybe even graduate from the program, but it feels good to have made this big step forward. Look for more updates in the near future :)

Tease On like an instructor,

Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment