Friday, November 14, 2014

It's Been A While!--But I Passed Round Two


Hello there! It has been a few weeks since I've lasted posted as I've been plunged deeply into a head space of Pilates, artistic projects and work, however, I am back and going to be updating regularly again!

As the title suggests, I have passed the second leg of my mat certification course! The intermediate test was significantly more challenging in terms of hands on and verbalization of cues, but it was a GREAT exercise in putting the necessary pressure on me to become a better instructor. After practicing so much for the exam, I now feel confident teaching beginner-intermediate mat and am able to take myself more seriously as someone who actually knows what they're doing!

I look forward to teaching and practicing more, and I can feel myself becoming stronger and more flexible every week! I will be posting soon about how Authentic Classical Pilates has helped to deeply condition my body and make me feel monumentally better. Although there are many manifestations of Joseph Pilates original work in the Pilates world, I find it EXTREMELY important to bring attention to the Classical method that focuses on research, anatomy and physiology, and takes the time and effort to train instructors in a substantive manner over a significant period of time. But, more to come on that later!

Tease On into the advanced level!

Ian


No comments:

Post a Comment