Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Keeping Myself From Being Spread Too Thin

Part of what is so exciting about having several interests and several commitments is the constant stream of events, stimulation and communication I get to have with other people. That being said, it can be challenging to maintain a busy schedule without feeling spread too thin and without putting less effort into each commitment.

As part of the Pilates certification process, it is mandatory that I take an Anatomy and Physiology class to adapt to the Pilates Method. The class is truly educational and helpful, but also difficult and yet another time commitment to keep track of. There are only a few classes for the entire course and tonight, I have to miss one of them because I am acting as the lead role in a play I have had ONLY ONE REHEARSAL FOR. Now, I'm stressed about missing class and having to perform under such constraints of time.

It's wild learning how to balance parts of my life that are so different from one another, without compromising too much to either side, or compromising my health. Alas, I am still young and won't let these stressors get me down! I'm feeling good and that's all I could ask for. Alright, my call for the show is in six minutes, so I better go!

Tease On! (even under stress ;))


Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment