Thursday, October 9, 2014

Mental Health Day/TEASER THURSDAY Round Two!

A little history to start us off--

I originally started practicing Pilates as a response to struggling through circumstances that I worried I'd never be able to improve. It wasn't until I made an active, risky decision to start driving my life in the direction I wanted it to go, that things started getting better. Pilates was and is an integral part of my mental health routine and it acts as a wonderful stress reliever when I feel things have become too much.




Deciding it was long overdue, I took a day trip to Central Park West to blow off steam. In addition to walking more than thirty blocks of the park, I found time to practice Pilates! And since it's Thursday, I made sure to throw in a teaser or two...or like twelve. I didn't have anyone to take pictures of me, so I had to do it all myself on my cheap little phone (I'm not a huge fan of tech, remember?)





I am so excited to share with you all how much doing Pilates outside can be SO rewarding. In addition to adding physical challenges to the routine from the varied terrain, there is something extra meditative and cleansing about being in nature and doing the routine! I'm also a fan of taking off my shoes whenever possible, so I was able to harden my feet a bit on all the rocks, grass and NYC debris.
(THIS IS ME TRYING TO TAKE A TEASER PIC FROM THE OPPOSITE ANGLE. DIDN'T WORK OUT QUITE LIKE I HOPED HAHAHAHAH)


After practicing, I visited the Shakespeare Garden, napped on a rock by the water and listened to some musicians perform by the water. As usual, dogs were everywhere! New York City just would not be as special without the park. I find people are the most kind and relaxed there. Hopefully I'll be able to upload a video of me practicing there for you all before the winter!


I sincerely wish that you all are able to take what time you have out of your busy lives to realign and maintain mental, physical and spiritual health. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO COST MONEY. This entire wonderful, beauteous day cost a total of $2.50 for a subway ride downtown. 


Tease On and Keep Well,


Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment