Friday, September 26, 2014

FIRST CERTIFICATION EXAM...TOMORROW! Pre-Pilates Beginner Mat

....AT 9A.M.

Don't get me wrong, I feel very prepared to use the knowledge of instruction and fundamental Pilates information that I've learned in conjunction with the six principles, five elements of the mind, etc...but doing all this in about fifty minutes under the supervision of my peers and mentors is, to say the least, nerve-wrecking. 


It's a whole different thing imagining what it would be like to instruct a client, versus actually doing it  using clear cues, helpful hands-on encouragement, while maintaining a positive energy. The four other new apprentices I've worked with have all been so supportive, committed and diverse and I really hope we are all able to perform well tomorrow even though we live hectic and varied lives. 


I volunteered to go right at the beginning of the day, so I don't have to wait around nervously while others go. At this point, I just need to be confident in my cues and actions and that's the best I can do until I receive feedback afterward. 


I promise to let you know soon afterward how I did and how I feel, regardless of the outcome. Okay, gonna go study a bit more! 


Tease on!


Ian


No comments:

Post a Comment