Saturday, September 20, 2014

Tired, Overloaded and Excited

Starting to feel like I'm not sure what I've gotten myself into...

Today, I began the first module for my Pilates apparatus certification. I have a lot of experience with the mat and have grown to be quite confident as a student and  potential instructor. Apparatus on the other hand, is a whole different dance for my body. Going through the beginner workout on the Reformer and Cadillac, (with almost NO prior experience with the machines as a student or instructor) I was reminded how challenging, rewarding, exciting and tiresome the machines can be! Even though the mat and apparatus are similar in many ways, it takes some time for me to become accustomed to different ways of moving.


I'm sure it will require days and nights of consistent observation, practice and poring over my scribbled notes to become as confident as I am on the mat, but I have no fear that in a few months time, I'll be a regular pro ;)


Wish me well, I'll do the same for you!


Tease on,


Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment